Thursday, April 16, 2009

Are You Serious?

people comment that they think i am a serious person. and when i think about it ... it makes sense. i often walk around with a furrowed brow contemplating the inner workings of our culture and usually i forget to smile! and yet again, today, i am serious ...

call me naive but i cannot believe how many artists make a living by destroying other's lives.

point and case. asher roth has a single out called “i love college” that is number nine on itunes and has been viewed over five and a half million times on youtube.

i quote, “that party last night was awfully crazy i wish we taped it | i dance my face off and had this one girl completely naked | drink my beer and smoke my weed | my good friends is all i need | pass out at three wake up at ten | go out to eat then do it again | man, i love college.” below is the video.

* WARNING - PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS OBJECTIONABLE LANGUAGE AND IMAGES IN THIS VIDEO *


what furrows my brow and breaks my heart about it is that this is a life many people LIVE or ASPIRE for ... simply put ... a life of selfishness, irresponsibility, and abuse. to me, affirming the lifestyle of “i love college” is like affirming a father feeding poison to his young children ... in both cases people die.

why can’t people release singles that are about something bigger than this?

seriously, david

No comments:

Post a Comment