Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Reviews are in...


When David and Lindsey visited Midwest Bible Camps "Senior Week" in Iowa in June, they had a great time. One of the cool things that happened is that two of the student attendees wrote short essays about their experience and gave high praise to the AXiS team. We are so thankful the Lord allowed AXiS to make a difference in their lives! Following is what they had to say:

By: Lindsey Seufferlein
Town: Cedar Rapids, IA
Grade: 12 (just graduated)

There are a lot of programs out there that are supposed to reach out to teenagers and strengthen their faith. When I first found out about AXiS, I will admit that I had pretty low expectations.

When the presentation began, my expectations were immediately confounded. AXiS is the most worthwhile program of its type that I have ever seen. Many programs try to teach you what to think ... but AXiS teaches you how to think. David and Lindsey [the leaders] encouraged us to challenge what we’re told -- even by them. AXiS wants our faith to be our own, and they want us to be able to explain to others why we believe what we believe.

My faith has been challenged time and again. I have friends that are atheists, friends who are agnostics and friends that buy into feel-good spiritualism. AXiS gave me new ways to communicate with my friends and speak the truth to them. Beyond that, AXiS showed me how to speak truth saturated with love, because [when we do,] that’s when other people can best see God.

Another great thing about AXiS was that the program is engaging. It was easy to pay attention to the slick graphics, dynamic speakers and relevant examples from pop culture. Everyone that experienced the program with me was amazed at how quickly time passed during the presentations.

AXiS is a Christ-centered and relevant program that I would absolutely recommend to anyone. It helped solidify my faith and develop new ways to engage in conversation with people about the things that are most important to me. I am so glad I had the experience of learning from and getting to know AXiS and getting to know David and Lindsey. It was a blessing.


By: Daniel Lawrence
Town: Cresco, IA
Grade: 12

[AXiS] teaches the most eye opening ideas about Christianity, life and the way we should live. I thought that AXiS coming to camp was a great idea because it gave us evidence and questions to ask when we get into situations with people who say that God doesn’t exist. No one [at my school] really knew why they believed in God, including me, but looking around at the complexity of the world and knowing that it just could not happen by accident really helps me in my Christian walk.

The AXiS program taught me that ideas have consequences. Good ideas have good consequences, and bad ideas have bad consequences. Take ideas captive, or be taken captive by ideas. This means that when people throw out ideas about different things (life, religion, etc.) that we should not just agree with them because they sound convincing, but we should look it up and research the ideas that people are trying to sell to us.

They talked about the difference between knowing the path and walking the path and that everyone has faith. Faith in God, evolution, or anything that people can’t see or touch.

They touched on different religions like Atheism, Hinduism, Buddhism. They told us the percentage of the world that believes in those religions, where they are most popular, and what celebrities or people believe those types of things.

I think that the AXiS group is a blessing from God. They are great for young crowds and old ones. They communicate the message so well that everyone can comprehend the information that they present to the group. I think that AXiS was the best thing for my life at this stage. [...] AXiS is great and I promise that you will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed - those are great reviews. You are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete